Hey everyone! This post is going to be all about my favorite food of ALL time: tacos. Now I know this may sound crazy, but I’m going to be telling you how to do it with a spaghetti squash. This vegetable is a complete substitute for the meat and personally it tastes wayyyy better. Here’s how to do it!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 large spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package dry taco seasoning mix
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- 12 crisp taco shells
Now here’s what to do:
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and place the 2 halves of the spaghetti squash face down in a baking dish
- Bake the squash for about 30 to 40 minutes
- Using a fork, shred the spaghetti squash from the rind. This is really easy because the squash is super tender. When it’s done it the squash should resemble spaghetti noodles (hence the name haha)
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet to medium heat and cook the onion and jalapeño pepper until they become browned. This should take about 7 to 10 minutes.
- Combine the shredded spaghetti squash and taco seasoning to the onion and jalapeño mixture and cook on medium heat for about 5 minutes. If needed, season the mixture with salt
- Stuff and garnish the tacos to your liking! (Personally, I like to add avocado, cheese, hot sauce, and sour cream to mine but these tacos are totally customizable to your liking so top them with whatever you like!)
And thats it! These tacos are soon good and I 10/10 recommend. I was really skeptical about putting spaghetti squash into a taco since i had only ever had it as spaghetti before but I definitely was pleasantly surprised. If you wanted, you could even add some tempeh or tofu to these tacos but I definitely think that the spaghetti squash is enough on its own but again it is totally up to you! Thank you so much for reading and if you do try out these tacos I really hope that you enjoy them!