Hey everyone! Today I will be sharing one of my favorite snacks with you: protein rich peanut butter balls. This delicious snack only need 5 ingredients and are SUPER easy to make. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (plus extra for rolling)
- 1½ tablespoons honey (I use agave nectar)
- 1/4 cup miniature chocolate chips (plus extra for rolling)
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds (optional)
So here’s what you need to do:
- Start of by combining the peanut butter, oats, honey, chocolate chips, and flaxseeds in a bowl
- Let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
- After it has chilled, grab about a spoonful of the mixture and roll it into a ball
- Lay out a thin layer of oats and chocolate chips on a work surface
- Lastly, roll the balls in extra oats and chocolate chips
- Store these in the fridge until they are ready to be eaten.
I personally don’t like flaxseeds so I leave them out but is completely customizable for your liking! I have seen this done with coconut flakes added in or even cranberries You could also replace the peanut butter with cashew butter, almond butter, or even sun butter. This recipe is super easy and it makes a lot so you can grab one for a snack on the go. I tend to have one or two of these with my breakfast and the definitely fill me up. These protein rich peanut butter balls are for sure a snack that I make frequently because they are so easy to make! I can throw these together in my dorm room with no hassle and my roommate loves them just as much as I do.
Here are some more vegetarians snacks that are full of protein!
I really hope you try making this snack and I bet that you will enjoy them as much as I do! See you next time!